This blog is dedicated to my movie related stuff. Here I blog about current movie projects I'm working on, movie reviews, etc.

Personal blog: S34R5

Monday, October 10, 2011

Sharkwater

Sharks are truly one of the most fascinating creatures out there. Since, well, as long as I remember, I have had a huge interest in sharks, and they have always been my favorite animal. I have watched countless amounts of documentaries on sharks and the oceans in general, and I am just about to begin taking my diving certificate (I actually got it for my 15th birthday, but haven't had time to take it yet).



So yesterday I sat down and watched another shark documentary - "Sharkwater". It was quite interesting, since it delt with a side, not many other documentaries have (of the ones I have watched at least). It delt with shark finning, but in a completely different way than I have seen before. The whole movie had a very personal tough to it, since we are actually following the film director Rob Stewart. In stead of it being a bunch of random people showing some pictures and telling a bunch of facts, we were a part of Rob Stewart's story.
But still he managed to not just tell a personal story, but have a good balance, including a lot of facts and some quite nasty pictures.

But back to the shark finning point. I wouldn't say it was an eyeopening experience for me, since I already was quite aware of awfulness about it, but he did sure have some parts to it, I wasn't that aware of.
I did end up with tears in my eyes at one point; some pictures were simply too disturbing.

The only really negative thing I want to say about this movie, is the narration. It was by far the worst narrator I have ever heard, because of his voice. But you'll have to watch it to see why ;-)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0856008/



The newest addition to my room. Still need to name him though! Any ideas? 


One of my goals in life, is to dive along side sharks. I want to see a shark in real life while diving SO much. 
Saving sharks is going to be one of my priorities in life, but at the moment I've just gotta stick to signing "save the sharks" - petitions!
That's why this makes me so happy: http://www.mercurynews.com/top-stories/ci_19065609


No comments:

Post a Comment